Monday, November 12, 2007

The Week of Sickness, part 3

Well, we're now in day 9 of our week of sickness. Here's what's been going on. Friday night, Thomas threw up in his bed about 10:45. I took care of that. Changing the sheets, changing him, and getting him settled back down. I was up about 2 hours that night coughing, unable to sleep. At 5:30 Saturday morning, Thomas called over the monitor that his tummy was hurting again. David took care of that as I'd just fallen asleep after my coughing spell. I slept late and David gave Jonathan a bottle (one benefit of him not nursing anymore). Although Thomas still wasn't eating much (as of this morning, he still eats less than Jonathan) he was feeling better and played as usual. That evening after being trapped in the house for days, we all thought we were on the mend so went out for a low key dinner. Jonathan and David still had colds and I still had my cough, but we thought the worst was finally past. Sunday morning, I felt fine when I got up, except for being tired from coughing half the night. About mid-morning, I started feeling queasy. Great news, I caught Thomas' stomach bug. So I spent all day Sunday in bed and David took care of the boys. This morning, I feel much better, although weak, and am still tired from coughing half the night. Everyone now has a cough. And guess what. Jonathan woke up from his morning nap with a fever. We're sick of being sick!

No comments: